Gel Staining Cabinets Of Maple Prefinished
Maple staining cabinets prefinished may have a coloration of spots and a finish based wax, shellac, varnish or polyurethane sealant. The gel stain is an appropriate way to staining cabinets. Before applying the gel stain, you must prepare the surface by cleaning closets and removal of existing finish.
18 Photos Gallery of: Gel Staining Cabinets Of Maple Prefinished
- Unscrew the hinges and remove the cabinet doors. Remove the door handles and leave to side. Place the door on a flat surface.
- Fill a bucket with warm water. Add trisodium phosphate cleaner according to package directions. Wash the cabinets and doors with TSP solution with a sponge. Rinse with clean water and dry with a lint-free towel.
- Apply a finishing remover on a soft cloth and pass on cabinets and doors. The spacer will vary with the type of finish maple staining cabinets. The separator will operate in a polyurethane or varnish. The lacquer thinner will remove the lacquer finish. The denatured alcohol will remove the shellac.
- Let the remover sit on the furniture and doors, as long as indicated on the label. Scrape the softened finish with a spatula.
- Use sandpaper 150 grit hand to remove any finishing, sanding with the grain of the maple. Follow sandpaper 220 grit sanding the entire cabinet and all surfaces of the door. Clean the dust with a tack cloth.
- Apply the gel stain on maple cabinets with foam brush, following the grain of the wood and using it evenly, overlapping strokes. Applies to a Section 2 feet (61 cm) and then clean immediately to remove the stain with a lint-free cloth.
7. Continued application of gel staining cabinets in sections 2 feet (61 cm) until you have made all the cabinets and doors. Let the ink dry, then apply a second layer of a darker color. Let the cabinets dry for 24 hours and then put back the handles and hinge.Tag : gel stain maple, gel stain maple cabinets, how to stain alder wood, restaining kitchen cabinets lighter, staining kitchen cabinets espresso, staining maple cabinets darker, white gel stain cabinets